Opened in 1896, De L’Europe is frequented with locals and tourists alike. The hotel is loaded with old-world charm and is one of Amsterdam’s leading hotels. Before becoming a hotel, the building started was the Heineken family’s guest house. The property consists of 48 spacious rooms and 63 suites, a Michelin starred restaurant (Bord’Eau), a Bib Gourmand awarded restaurant (Hoofdstad Brasserie), terrace dining (Hèt Terras), afternoon tea (Promenade), a spa (Le Spa by Skins Institute), Freddy’s Bar, Freddy’s Fumoir, and a wine cellar. Guests have the choice between rooms that are more traditional in décor and ones that are more modern and are lighter and brighter in color. Each room at De L’Europe features a replicated Dutch Master painting, handpicked by the Rijksmuseum. I recently stayed here and really loved and appreciated the hotel’s wonderful service, old-world charm, heated marble bathroom floors, my delicious welcome amenities, lunch on the terrace, and my massage at Le Spa.
Virtuoso amenities when booking De L’Europe through Cara Sharratt Travel:
- Guaranteed upgrade at time of booking (up to Junior Suites)
- Full breakfast daily, for up to two in-room guests, served in Hoofdstad Brasserie or through room service
- $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- For bookings on room category Junior suites and above only: Complimentary one-way private airport transfer
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Dutch cultural gift
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
CST’s Address Book:
Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2-14, 1012 CP Amsterdam, Netherlands
Tip: With an ideal location overlooking the Amstel River, make sure to enjoy a drink or meal on their lovely outdoor terrace.